Nothing embodies summer more than an outdoor concert with beach blankets, picnic baskets, and dancing to live music. On July 16 and 17, Metro Parks Tacoma hosts two fantastic days of music, shows and more featuring dozens of our region’s finest performers.
The Dune Concerts consist of performers, entertainers, and more at Tacoma’s Dune Peninsula with sweeping waterfront views complete with a mountain backdrop. The 11-acre Dune Peninsula at Point Defiance Park is a newly landscaped, open-air venue which features the Cambia Legacy Lawn on the breakwater peninsula surrounding the Tacoma Yacht Club boat basin.
Island Empire Tour
On Saturday, July 16, don’t miss the Island Empire Tour featuring Fiji, Sammy J, Eli Mac and Western Conference. Bring your low-back chairs and blankets for seating on the lawn at this beautiful waterfront park with expansive water and mountain views.
Tickets are required for ages three and older in advance for $35 and $45 the day of the show. The doors open at 3 p.m. for this all-ages show, so get your tickets today because they are going fast. Premium tickets are already sold out.
All weekend long, those aged 21 and over can enjoy the beer garden hosted and benefitting the Redefining You Foundation. This non-profit’s mission is to empower service women, women veterans, and military spouses while completely redefining their lifestyles and perspectives following military service.
Tacoma’s Pride at Point Ruston
On Sunday, July 17, celebrate Pride with a day of free family-friendly fun on the Cambia Legacy Lawn at Dune Peninsula! The doors open at noon with food trucks, a vendor village, a corn hole tournament and more live music at Point Ruston in Tacoma. Get there early as the first 500 guests receive a free Point Ruston Pride shirt.
Main Stage Performances
- Host: Ceasar Hart – Ceasar is a well-known community Drag King. He will be hosting the event from 12–6 p.m. with two performances.
- Host: Irene Dubois – Irene is a super host with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theater. You can find her hosting at Queer Bar and Julia’s On Broadway.
- DJ Special K – You can find Kharen DJing on the weekends at Night Market and Drag Brunch Market. She is a favorite in the community!
- DJ Miss M – DJ MISS M plays for the Seahawks, Seattle Storm DJ, and UW Huskies Basketball Mens/Womens DJ. Her podcast is heard all over the world in 100+ countries. She is a resident DJ for IHeartradio in Seattle, Portland and Sacramento.
- DJ Zehno – Miami-based DJ and winner of Dinah Shore DJ battle. DJ Zehno is a well-known female DJ that brings passion to the decks. Her love for music keeps everyone dancing!
- DJ Lauren Von Deadly – Spinning at the Splash Park!
- Live Music: Rachelle LaNae – Rachelle is a local singer-songwriter. She creates original music for individuals, companies, film and tv. She also works as a lyricist, teacher, recording artist, performer, and podcaster.
- Live Music: Vicci Martinez and band – Vicci Martinez is an American singer-songwriter and actress from Tacoma, Washington. She placed third on NBC’s singing competition series The Voice in 2011 and played a role in the series Orange is the New Black. She released her 2012 album with Republic Records and self-released her 2015 album.
Additional performances by:
- Queen Andrew Scott- Seattle
- Nicole Onoscopi- Portland
- Dutchess Drew- Seattle
- Jamie Von Stratton- Seattle
- Gritty City Sirens- Tacoma
- Tacoma Cheer- Tacoma
- And More!
It’s two days of fun in the sun in Tacoma at Dune Peninsula at Point Defiance Park. Don’t miss your opportunity to enjoy live music, food, celebrations and more on July 16 and 17.
Dune Peninsula at Point Defiance Park
5361 Yacht Club Rd., Tacoma